Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor
Note: All internal due dates are currently based on an estimated university due date. If the actual university due date is sooner than the estimated date, internal due dates may need to be updated. Any changes to due dates will be communicated as quickly as possible.
10.4.23 Packages are due to department heads – contact your department head for what is required
11.1.23 Full packages are due to the Award Review Group – department heads submit nominations (up to 2) – nominees to email materials to Jeff Joines and Selina Williams
11.15.23 Award Review Group selects college nominations; all nominees are notified; comments and suggestions on packages are due to the college nominees
11.29.23 Final packages are due to the dean’s office – nominees to email them to the dean’s EA
12.6.23 Packages are due to the university – Dean’s EA will submit
Wilson College of Textiles Nomination Limit: 2
Award Review Group (* by position): Emiel DenHartog*, Jeff Joines*, Abdel-Fattah Seyam*, Xiangwu Zhang*, undergrad student
Award Website: https://provost.ncsu.edu/ofe/awards-and-honors/alumni-distinguished-undergraduate-professor/
This award is one of the most prestigious undergraduate awards given on campus.
To be considered for the Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor award, the nominee:
- Must be full-time faculty
- Has not been previously named as an Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor at the university level
- Is a recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Award
- In addition to undergraduate teaching assignments for at least 7 years at NC State, has provided distinguished service in support of undergraduate teaching, such as but not limited to study abroad, service learning, undergraduate research, or work on committees relating to undergraduate teaching.
- Is teaching in the academic year of nomination