Alexander Quarles Holladay Medal for Excellence
9-21-2023 Packages are due to department heads – contact your department/unit head for what is required 10-12-23 Full packages are due to the Award Review Group – nominees to email them to Xiangwu Zhang
10-26-23 Award Review Group sends comments and suggestions about packages back to the nominees
11-9-23 Final packages are due to the dean’s office – nominees to email them to the dean’s EA
11-15-23 Packages are due to the university – Dean’s EA will submit
Wilson College of Textiles Nomination Limit: no limit
Award Review Group (all by position): Emiel DenHartog, Behnam Pourdeyhimi, Abdel-Fattah Seyam, Xiangwu Zhang
Award Website: https://ofd.ncsu.edu/awards-and-recognition/holladay-medal/
Intended to be the highest award at NC State, the Holladay Medal for Excellence recognizes members of the faculty whose careers have demonstrated outstanding achievement and sustained impact in research, teaching or extension and engagement.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Full-time faculty
- Employed at NC State University at least ten years
- Faculty whose careers demonstrate excellence, *high achievement and sustained impact within the university and beyond its borders.
*Achievement and Impact may be demonstrated by, but not limited to the following:
- Outstanding achievements in teaching and mentoring students
- Innovation and discovery of knowledge through discipline-guided inquiry, creative artistry and literature, technological and managerial innovation
- Development of pioneering or inventive practices and solutions in extension and engagement with constituencies outside of the university, and, or
- Excellence in service to professional societies and within the university itself.